Monday, September 14, 2009

Hail and How-de-do (as King Pellinore would say)

Hail!* and welcome to the AP English Literature blog. This is a place to post pictures from class and links to items of interest or things we've discussed. Enjoy!

Here's the first link: a summary of Joseph Campbell's quest stages for the archetypal hero.

--Mrs. S.

*Don't you just love the passage in Once and Future King (pages 62-63) where King Pellinore is confused by Merlyn's greeting, thinking the wizard is speaking about the weather?!

--------------

P.S. I was looking for a better profile picture of myself. When I googled "old and tired" (which is how I feel most of the time), I found this picture. It just fit. I used this picture on the engrade intro page. Did you notice? LOL.

9 comments:

Julie A said...

Hahahaha! I love it! :)
But Mrs. Sanderlin, you are definitely not old and tired. In fact, I think you are one of the most energetic and active person I have ever known. :)
Have a great day! :)

-nina- said...

Wow that is hilarious! :D I wonder if they had to force the poor little old ladies to randomly wear tires :P
and I agree with Julie. YOU'RE AWESOME!
Love you Mrs. Sanderlin :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously! Those old lady are actually probably just like...random. ya know? like i can totally see like my sister and katy and hannah doing this when they're 80 hah

Char P said...

That's hilarious...Now I desperately want to meet those ladies!

Amy W said...

they look plastic to me... must be the lighting

Joy L said...

lol~

Tim Yan L. said...

I wondr what those tires are suppose to symbolize...it's so random.

Sarabeth F. said...

I hope this wasn't some strange version of Asian Horseshoes.. cause that would be painful!

Hey, I completely agree with Julie on this one! You are crazy energetic.. you put us to shame. :]

Rachel L. said...

Yah, what's with the tires? :) Don't seem to be helping the "old and tired" issue.
My favorite's the one in the middle.