Monday, November 23, 2009

Homework for Tues., 24 Nov 09 and Thurs., 26 Nov 09

DUE TUESDAY:

1. Read ROMEO AND JULIET 4.4 and 4.5.
2. Quiz over 4.1-4.5.
3. Find (and write down) 5 loan words from 5 different countries AND 5 words from different categories (e.g., blend, compound, from proper name, etc.). Total: 10 words. Be prepared to write the 10 words you find on cards (which I will supply for you in class).
4. Check Engrade to see what homework and assignments you are missing--and get those finished ASAP.

WEDNESDAY -- After school, let's watch ROMEO + JULIET (Baz Luhrman). Room 406 at 12:30. See you there--with all the cushions, pillows, and bean-bags we can collect from around the school! Bring snacks!

DUE THURSDAY:

1. Finish the play (5.1-5.3).
2. Study for vocab quiz 8 from normal list, using an asyndeton sentence. You will write these in class.

Asydeton example: I came, I saw, I conquered. (Veni, vidi, vici -- which is apparently pronounced, "weni, widi, wiki".) So, if the word is "melodramatic," an asydeton sentence might be: I was melodramatic, my friends reacted, I was embarrassed.

No comments: